The Old West Festival is one of our favorite family traditions this time of year. The boys love watching the cowboys and gunslingers mix it up in the center of town, getting deputized, bellying up to the bar for a sarsparilla or rootbeer (in an awesome mug!), checking out the saloon girls (right, honey?), and taking a wagon ride around town. I love the shopping (of course!) So many great vendors with amazing wares..I love it!
There is way too much to do for me to list it all but for starters you can....
- Check out the Pickled Brothers Circus
Picked Bros. Circus
- Take in the Medicine Show
- Enjoy the tunes of Bob Ford and the Ragamuffins
- Watch a Jail Break Gun Fight
- and the list goes on!
This is a fantastic family fun event that you definitely don't want to miss! And on top of the great activities every weekend there are also theme weekends!
- September 21-22 Steampunk Weekend
- September 28-29 Villians Weekend (the first 1,000 children under the age of 12 receive a free bandana)
- October 5-6 America’s Pastime Weekend –Watch the history of The Cincinnati Reds come to life through live, old-fashioned baseball games.
WIN*WIN*WINWant to mosey up to check out the Old West Festival for yourself? Then just answer this simple question by leaving a comment and you are entered to win:
Who is your favorite Old West character?
Real or fictional, who would you have wanted to know or be in the Old West? Annie Oakley? Calamity Jane? Wild Bill or Billy the Kid? Good guy or bad or saloon girl extraordinaire!? Just tell me your favorite character and you are entered to win!
For an additional entry (or three!) do one or all of the following (and please leave a separate comment for each entry on this blog post to be qualified to win):
- Check out In A Galaxy and Old West Festival on Facebook and leave a comment that you did.
- Check out In A Galaxy on Pinterest.
- Follow me on Twitter and tweet this giveaway: Win tickets to the @oldwestfestival from @InAGalaxyBlog!
That's it! 4 ways to enter, 4 chances to win! Now for those pesky details: Must be 18 and a resident of the Greater Cincinnati area to win. Winner will be drawn on Monday, September 23 at Noon and notified via email and the In A Galaxy Facebook page. Winner has 24 hours to respond and claim their prize or another winner will be chosen.
The Old West Festival runs every weekend, Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Rain or shine), from September 7 to October 6 and is located at 1449 Greenbush Cobb Rd. in Williamsburg, Ohio 45176 (just off U.S. Rt. 32, near Greater Cincinnati).
disclosure: Old West Festival provided a family 4-pack of passes to me to give away to my readers, as well as a 4 pack of passes for my own family to enjoy, in exchange for promoting this event. That being said...we LOVE Old West Festival and all opinions are 100% my own.